The Only Single Enzyme Homocysteine Assay
ENZYMATIC HOMOCYSTEINE ASSAY
Applicable to Common Automatic Analyzers and
a risk factor for cardiovascular disease
Homocysteine (HCY) is a metabolic
intermediary derived from methionine. High total HCY (tHCY) in
plasma/serum, homocysteinemia, is an independent risk factor for
cardiovascular disease and other life-threaten diseases listed
* Cardiovascular diseases, heart
attack and stroke.
* Cystathionine –synthase (CBS)
deficient genetic disease.
* Vitamin B6, B12 and folate
* Renal failure.
* Neurological diseases, such as
Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s.
* Depression and dementia.
* Health issues, such as stress,
pregnancy complications and aging.
Current Marketed HCY Assays
1. HPLC method: requires special
equipment and professional technician.
2. Immunoassay: multiple enzymes
and special immunoassay instruments.
3. Enzyme cycling method: multiple
enzyme cycling for an indirect HCY test.
4. Single enzyme assay: the A/C
Enzymatic HCY Assay is the only enzymatic
tHCY assay with a single enzyme applicable to common automatic
and portable readers.